google-site-verification=v_ojTaMohJeo-zMR6dxs4uqmPG--f6BHSUrxH3Vts3U 332147538997724
top of page
Post: Blog2_Post

Uintah County Man Attacks Two People In A Chaotic Domestic Incident

Posted by Travis Uresk | March 8th, 2023 | Aggravated Assault |

By Travis Uresk


Gusher, Ut.- On 3/4/23, around 1:00 am, Uintah County Deputies were dispatched to a domestic violence report. The female complainant reported that Harlan Shelby Olsen had been in an altercation with another female and had left the residence.

While enroute to the scene, one of the Deputies came in contact with a vehicle matching the description provided by the complainant. The Deputy stopped the vehicle, and the driver identified himself as Harlan Olsen.

Harlan had exited his vehicle before the Deputy, so he had him stand beside his patrol car.

Before searching Harlan, he had been pacing back and forth behind the Deputy's patrol vehicle. The Deputy started to speak with him about the incident, and Harlan said the female was the one who assaulted him, and he was just trying to get away from the situation. He also stated he did have her phone because she was acting crazy, and he thought she might call the cops and tell them lies.

At this time, another Deputy arrived, and one of them noticed a glass pipe, along with portions of a second one, directly behind the parked patrol vehicle behind the rear tire. The first pipe was unbroken in a spot that would only have been placed there after the patrol car came to a stop.

This was also the exact spot where Harlan had been pacing back and forth behind the patrol car. Both Pipes had burnt residue inside them suspected to be methamphetamine.

The second Deputy went to the residence to speak with the female complainant, a male witness, and the female victim.

Harlan denied knowing anything about the glass pipes.

According to the witnesses, and the victim, when they arrived at the home, an unknown female was seen leaving Harlan and the victim's home.

When the victim attempted to enter her home, Harlan came out the front door, and an argument started. According to all three, the argument became physical, and Harlan started to throw things at the victim.

Harlan tackled the female victim on the front porch and choked her with both hands. The female witness got out of her vehicle and started yelling at Harlan to stop, Harlan left the victim on the front porch and began running towards the female witness, but she was able to get back into her vehicle before Harlan was able to get to her.

Harlan went back towards the victim as she attempted to run around him to get into the vehicle with the male and female. But Harlan was able to grab her and throw her to the ground. While he had her on the ground, he started choking her with one hand and punching her with his other hand.

The male witness got out of the vehicle and tried to get Harlan off the victim while he was punching and choking her. Harlan left the victim and started slamming the male several times into the vehicle and punching him in the face.

The female victim jumped on Harlan's back, trying to get him to stop punching the man, but Harlan pulled the female victim off his back and threw her to the ground. She tried to run from Harlan and dial 911 as she was running, but Harlan tackled her trying to get her phone away from her.

The victim held her phone close to her chest, and Harlan began to choke her again with both hands until she blacked out. When she woke up, she saw Harlan getting into his vehicle, and she started to look for her phone, but it was gone.

The male and female witnesses corroborated the victim’s statements of Harlan tackling her for the third time, but they were unable to intervene in time. The female witness called 911, and all three denied needing medical treatment.

Harlan Olsen was booked into the Uintah County Jail without bail.

This is Case #201800178 Aggravated Arson, Probable Cause: 11/8/21


bottom of page