google-site-verification=v_ojTaMohJeo-zMR6dxs4uqmPG--f6BHSUrxH3Vts3U 332147538997724
top of page
Post: Blog2_Post

A man leads police on a two county chase


Duchesne County, Ut.— On 1/16/24, Deputy Cox was sitting stationary at 5000 South 2000 West in a rural area of Duchesne County when a black and white Chevy Tahoe traveling South on 2000 West from 5000 South approached.

The deputy ran the plate, which returned revoked, and had no insurance. Deputy Cox caught up to the Tahoe before reaching 6000 South 2000 West and turned on his emergency lights.

The Tahoe continued to drive southbound, failing to stop. The vehicle entered a dirt road and continued driving. The Chevy Tahoe began to pick up speed, and Deputy Cox radioed in to dispatch that he was currently in a vehicle pursuit.

The vehicle continued to drive down 2000 West, also known as Riverdale Road. The Tahoe then turned eastbound and continued through an oilfield access road, traveling at speeds between 20 mph and 55 mph. At times, the driver couldn't control his vehicle and would slow down.

During the pursuit, the driver would drift from left to right across the road.

After entering Uintah County, Sgt Harrison, with the RPD, attempted to cut the driver off, but the driver went around the officer and continued down more dirt roads. Deputy Cox requested permission from a supervisor to use the PIT maneuver to stop the Tahoe, and he was given permission to PIT.

When the Tahoe came to an open area at speeds of about 20 mph, Deputy Cox used the front bumper on the passenger side of his patrol vehicle and pushed into the driver's side rear of the driver's vehicle. The deputy continued to push the vehicle, which caused him to spin in the opposite direction.

The Tahoe continued to drive down the hill and then went up the other side of the hill to where some oilfield workers were in their trucks, where the suspect decided to stop. The driver then exited his vehicle, and Deputy Cox drew his department-issued service weapon and gave orders for the driver to get down.

The driver refused and said “no." Cox then pulled his taser and deployed it due to the driver refusing commands and appearing to want to be combative, as well as not knowing if he had a weapon on him or not. The taser prongs were able to hit skin through his clothing, and the driver fell to the ground.

The suspect was rolled over to his stomach, placed into handcuffs, and searched. The suspect was identified as 46-year-old George Earl Sireech.

During the search, several used pipes commonly used for smoking Heroin and Fentanyl were found. Also on his person was a large black switchblade, and he had brass knuckles hanging from his neck.

George said the pipes were for Heroin. The officers believed George was impaired from drugs while operating and in actual physical control of a motor vehicle. George began to complain of breathing problems, so Deputy Matthews took him to the UBMC.

Cpl Harrison, with the RPD, ran his K9 around the vehicle, and the K9 did indicate positive for the odor of illegal narcotics.

Inside the Tahoe was a bag full of several Fentanyl pills. The amount was more than personal use. George is being charged with possession with intent to distribute. Sgt Harrison located a large knife on the dashboard within easy reach of George, and he is a convicted felon.

 Deputy Mathews conducted the DUI citation at the hospital with George and requested that he provide a blood sample. George was not cooperative, and Mathews submitted for a search warrant, which was approved, and George's blood was drawn from his body.

George Sireech was then taken and booked into the Duchesne County Jail.


bottom of page