google-site-verification=v_ojTaMohJeo-zMR6dxs4uqmPG--f6BHSUrxH3Vts3U 332147538997724
top of page
Post: Blog2_Post

A Female Gets Arrested For Assault And Domestic Violence

By Travis Uresk


Naples, Ut.


Chief Simper was dispatched to an assault, not in progress. This assault occurred at Carroll's Kitchen, 1015 S 1500 E, Naples, UT, but the call came from the Uintah Basin Healthcare emergency room.

Dispatched advised that the victim had been assaulted by her mother. Chief Simper responded to the hospital, where he contacted the staff. He was advised that the victim had abrasions on her hands and arms. She also showed signs of a concussion, which the attending physician later confirmed.

Chief Simper entered the room where the victim and her fiance were present. Simper spoke with each of them individually. The victim stated her family was celebrating her sister's baptism at Carroll's Kitchen. Her mother was also present. 43-year-old Marsha Hamilton, another person, and the victim went for a ride together, where a verbal altercation began.

Upon returning to the restaurant, The victim told Austin she wanted to leave and stated she walked around the car, and Marsha stood in her way. The victim pushed Marsha out of the way. Marsha hit the victim and pushed her against a vehicle, causing the victim to hit her head on the window.

Marsha grabbed the victim's hair with both hands and placed her in a headlock. The victim stated she was swung back and forth before Marsha took her to the ground. Marsha was seated atop the victim and began punching and slapping her.

Marsha then grabbed the victim by the hair and hit her head on the ground. The parties separated and left the area. The victim stated her three children were in the vehicle when this was occurring.

Chief Simper found multiple abrasions on the knuckles, back of the hands, and arms of the victim. Her face was red and swollen around the eyes and cheekbones. She showed the Chief the back of her head, describing a bump. Simper photographed all of these areas.

The victim stated she did not lose consciousness during the struggle but struggled to remember common things throughout this interview due to the concussion.

The victim couldn't remember her children's names and her boyfriend's last name and thought the president was Obama.

Chief Simper spoke with Austin next, who recalled the event similarly. Austin stated he did see the victim throw a punch at Marsha but believed it was self-defense. While both parties were standing, the victim had been pushed into the car.

Austin estimated Marsha struck the victim 10-12 times. Austin stated he was in their car when this began but exited when they became physical. He attempted to walk over but was stopped by Cole, father to the victim, stating they needed to sort some things out.

Austin stated when the fight ended, Marsha began yelling at him and told him he should shoot himself. Austin, the victim, and the three children left for home. Austin started to suspect something was wrong with the victim as she was nauseous and slurring her words. They dropped the children off and went to the hospital.

Simper was advised Marsha and Cole live in Duchesne County. Simper contacted SGT Nichols with the Duchesne County Sheriff's Office and informed him of the situation. Chief Simper asked him to make contact and conduct an interview with both parties. Chief Simper was later contacted by him and advised Marsha had a bruise on her left shoulder, abrasions on her knuckles, and one knee.

Marsha stated the victim hit her two times, so she took the victim to the ground. Simper was advised Cole said he did not see much of the incident. With this information, Simper determined Marsha as the predominant aggressor and asked SGT Nichols to arrest Marsha.

She was transported to Roosevelt, where a Naples Officer took custody and transported her to Uintah County Jail. Chief SImper photographed Marsha's injuries. Marsha was read her Miranda Rights and asked to tell Simper what had happened.

Marsha stated they were on the car ride when a argument started. When they returned from the drive, the victim and Marsha continued arguing. The victim struck Marsha twice in the left shoulder, causing a bruise. Marsha slapped the victim in the face, and grabbed the victim by the hair and pulled her into a single-arm headlock, continuing to hold her hair with the other hand.

Marsha said she slowly took the victim to the ground and got on top of her. The victim was described as grabbing Marsha's shirt. Marsha slapped the victim again. Shortly after, they separated. Marsha stated she did not know how the victim received the concussion.

The interview ended, and Marsha was booked on the listed charges.


bottom of page